Financial Advice for Business Owners
Specialist advice covering financial planning, wealth management,
tax, and pensions
Based in Fareham & Lee-on-the-Solent.
Financial Advice for Business Owners
As a business owner your finances may be complex. With an emphasis on building, managing and growing a successful business you may struggle to give your personal finances the attention they need.
Running a business requires complete focus and an accountant to help manage the company finances, tax and more. But it’s important also to focus on your personal financial situation: your long-term plans, retirement and tax planning.
Tailored, bespoke financial advice for business owners helps company directors and those who are self employed accumulate wealth, mitigate personal taxation and potential Inheritance Tax and plan for the retirement they desire.
Financial advice and financial planning for business owners
– how we can help you
At Sterling & Law – Hampshire, our independent advisers can help you achieve your personal financial goals and objectives.
We can work with you and your accountant, and any other business advisers you work with to plan and structure your finances in the most tax-efficient way possible. Through this approach we help to ensure your money is working as hard for you, as you are on your business.
Our services for business owners, self employed individuals and company directors. We offer a range of financial advice for business owners covering:
Financial planning for business owners
Specialist advice on how to achieve your long term goals, and financial pbjectoives.
As a business you are likely investing all of your time into your company, its growth and overall performance. Our experienced financial planners can help build a plan to help you realise you personal objectives and goals.
This could include
- Investing towards early retirement
- Saving for private school fees
- Accumulating wealth
- Purchasing investment properties
Pensions & tax efficient investments: Helping you to save and invest towards your ideal retirement.
We offer tailored pensions and investment advice for businesses owners covering:
- Utilising your annual allowance, and making the best use of the available tax incentives
- Helping you to make tax-efficient pension contributions through your company
- Helping you make the most of your company pension scheme. Taking loans from your pension assets, acquiring commercial property, and mitigating tax
- Making appropriate recommendations on areas such as Venture Capital Trusts, Enterprise Investment Scheme, and Business Property Relief
Forming a plan and offering advice to help you achieve your ideal retirement.
Within this service we help business owners:
- Understand how much you will need to save and invest towards their ideal retirement
- Build an idea of what your retirement options could look like
Estate and Inheritance Tax (IHT) Planning: Protecting your financial legacy and mitigating tax.
Whilst your business assets do not form part of an estate for IHT purposes, if you sell your business and these assets become cash, this can present you with some challenges. Asset when sold, that become cash, are subject to IHT. We can help you put in place a financial plan to pass on your wealth in the most tax-efficient way.
We help business owners:
- Mitigate unnecessary taxes such as IHT
- Formulate an effective estate plan
- Pass on your assets in a tax-efficient way
Financial Life Modelling: Advanced, data-driven financial planning for company directors and business owners.
By using industry leading, specialist software, our financial planners can analyse your personal and business finances, and can build a picture, and projections of your long-term wealth.
Through providing these highly valuable insights, our financial planners can:
- Help project your long-term wealth and financial position
- Build in scenarios around overpaying on your mortgage vs making additional pension contributions
- Establish if you are on the right path your life and financial ambitions
- Spot potential threats that may impact your long term goals and make appropriate recommendations
Watch what our customers have to say about working with Sterling and Law Hampshire.
We are proud to receive such detailed, and clear feedback on why working with our financial advisers has helped them towards their financial goals and objectives.
Independent Financial Advisers covering Fareham & Hampshire
Many of us worry about our financial future but are unsure on the best mix of investments to achieve the one we desire.
Our fully independent financial advisers will help you plan for your future, alleviating the worry and enabling you to relax and enjoy your life knowing you are in safe hands.
Ian is an respected, trusted IFA with over 25 years’ financial services experience. One of Ian’s skills, is his ability to communicate complex financial matters to his clients.
Further to that, Ian’s calm , coupled with his experience, helps his clients, resist the urge to make emotional & potentially damaging financial decisions
George Rashbrook, Financial Adviser
George has been a financial adviser since 2005. He specialises in areas of sophisticated technical advice and is an experienced pensions specialist.
George is knowledgeable in all areas of pension planning including Workplace Pensions with a particular specialism in Public Sector pension advice.
Ian always provides accurate and well reasoned advice as to how best to proceed with any financial matters that we have consulted him about. Ian has helped me to understand and set up a robust retirement plan as well diverse investment strategy.