Each week the team at Sterling & Law Hampshire offers insight and information into topical areas of financial planning, news, and more.
In this short article, we have collated Financial Adviser, George Rashbrook’s latest videos from over the last month.
The videos we cover are:
- Breaking Bad Financial Habits and Developing Good Ones
- Inflation Hits 5.1%: An Interview with Wave105
- Inflation Is in The News – What Does It Actually Mean?
- Don’t Panic! – How To Cope with Market Volatility
- Changes to the National Minimum Pension Age explained in two minutes
- Is Inheritance Tax Set to Double?
Breaking Bad Financial Habits and Developing Good Ones
Long-term financial security often comes from making small positive, incremental changes over time. The benefits of these small changes accumulate and are amplified over many years.
In this video, George gives examples of these good habits. Although at first, they may seem small, they make a huge impact over the long term.
Interested in the topic of forming good financial habits as opposed to bad?
Here are a couple of articles we have sourced.
Good financial habits: How to get into good financial habits
Bad financial habits: 5 Bad Money Habits and How to Break Them
How can a Financial Adviser support your long-term financial goals?
Financial advice covers a broad range of disciplines. Here are some of the areas a Financial Adviser.
- Financial planning: Expert advice on how to achieve you long terms goals
- Pensions & investments: Planning later life income and your wealth potential
- Wealth management: Financial advice covering a range of investments
- Retirement planning: Helping you to achieve your dream retirement
- Estate and Inheritance Tax Planning: Protecting your financial legacy
- Life cash flow modelling: Advanced, data-driven financial planning
Find out more about the independent financial advice we offer our clients.
Related reading from the Sterling & Law blog: A guide to choosing a financial adviser.
Inflation Hits 5.1%: An Interview with Wave105
In this short video, one of our local George offers the following insight:
- What is inflation?
- How and why inflation happens
Inflation Is in The News – What Does It Actually Mean?
A spike in Consumer Price Inflation has been prevalent in the news in recent weeks.
But what does it actually mean?
In this short video, George continues to discuss the topic of inflation.
Interested in the topic of inflation?
Here is an informative article we have sourced from the Bank of England: What is inflation?
Related reading from the Sterling & Law – Hampshire blog: What is inflation, what causes it, and how is it measured?
How can a Financial Planner support your long-term financial goals?
Here are some of the ways a financial planner can support you in your long-term financial goals:
- School fees planning
- Long term wealth planning
- Pensions and retirement planning
- Estate and inheritance tax planning
- Life cash flow modelling
- Business protection
Find out more the about the financial planning advice we offer our clients.
Don’t Panic! – How To Cope with Market Volatility
Sometimes our own emotional responses can be our worst enemy when it comes to investment market volatility.
George gives invaluable insight into why planning ahead is much healthier than panicking in a crisis.
Interested in the topic of market volatility?
Here is an informative article we have sourced from Forbes: What Is Market Volatility—And How Should You Manage It?
How can a Wealth Manager can support you on your investment journey?
There are many ways a Wealth Manager can support you life plans and goals:
- Pensions & retirement planning
- Investment funds, and shares
- Business property relief
- Venture capital trusts (VCTs)
- Buy-to-let property investment
- Business & personal protection policies
Find out more the about wealth management advice we offer our clients.
Related reading from the Sterling & Law – Hampshire blog: Signs you may need a financial adviser; Part 1
Pension Planning for Couples in 90 Seconds
Frequently, when a spouse or partner earns more than the other, they end up with the larger pension pot.
George, who is an experienced Pensions Adviser, explains why that’s not always the best way forward.
Changes to the National Minimum Pension Age explained in two minutes
George explains what’s changed in respect of the National Minimum Pension age, who it’s relevant to and what the real-life impact might be.
Interested in the topic of pension planning?
Here is an informative article we have sourced from Money Helper: Types of pension if you live and work in the UK.
How can a Pensions Adviser support you on your journey towards retirement?
An experienced pensions adviser can offer their clients with detailed advice in various areas including:
- Pensions – personal, stakeholder, company, self invested personal pensions (SIPPs) and drawdown
- Making use of your annual allowance, and steering you through the confusing tapered annual allowance for high earners
- Making additional pension contributions using pension carry forward
- Assessing your pension against the lifetime allowance tax charge
Find out more about how our pensions advisers support their clients with long-term retirement plans.
If you have an idea of the retirement you want, but are unclear on how to get there, find out more about our retirement planning service.
Is Inheritance Tax Set to Double?
In this video George explains what’s changed in respect of the National Minimum Pension age.
This video covers:
- Who it’s relevant for
- What the real-life impact might be
Interested in the topic of Inheritance Tax?
Here are some articles we have collated from reputable sources:
Inheritance tax: thresholds, rates, and who pays
Interested in how an Inheritance Tax and Estate Planner can support you.
An Estate Planner and IHT Adviser can help to:
- Manage your estate
- Preserve your financial legacy
- Mitigate the costs of long term care
- Use trusts to help reduce your IHT bill ethically, and where possible
- Maximise your children’s inheritance
- Pass on a pension
Find out more about the Inheritance Tax advice we offer our clients.
Enjoyed these videos?
Keen to watch more, head over and subscribe to the Sterling & Law – Hampshire YouTube channel.
A little about George Rashbrook
George has been a financial adviser since 2005. He specialises in areas of technical advice and is an experienced pensions specialist.
George is knowledgeable in all areas of pension planning including the Teachers’ Pension Scheme, and a particular specialism in public sector pensions advice.